Sweet & Savory Spiced Chickpea Wraps
These were a hit at a big event. They are filling and work well for a meal on the run. They hold up well if you want to make them ahead of time and store for a few days in the fridge.
There were many requests for the recipe, so here it is. 🙂 Send a pic if you make them!
Vegan friendly, whole food plant based, WFPBNO, GF option.
Makes about 4 wraps. Adjust according to your needs.
Use organic ingredients when accessible.
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 small to medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Burrito sized whole grain tortillas. (Sub GF tortillas, lightly steamed collard leaves, or lettuce cups. Or simply serve on top of a bed of greens!)
- fresh spinach, baby kale, or greens of choice
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs garlic powder (granuales)
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- In a seperate larger bowl, add chickpeas and smash a bit with a potato masher or fork. (Not all the chipkpeas need to be smashed. Just give it a little smashin’.)
- Add chopped veggies and raisins to chickpeas.
- Add dressing to chickpeas & veggies and stir until combined. (Use a rubber spatula to get all the dressing easily.)
- Ideally, let chickpea salad chill in the fridge for a few hours for the dressing flavors to develop.
- Then, add a small handful of greens to the middle of your tortilla. Top with 1/4 chickpea mixture (less, if using smaller tortillas) and fold & roll like a burrito. Or add to collard leaves, lettuce cups, or atop a beautiful plate of greens!
- Share and enjoy!