So many veggies. So many nutrients. So savory.
- SO Many Veggies (organic, if possible)
I used sweet potato, yellow squash, button mushrooms, leeks, scallions, shallots, carrots, bell peppers …basically, a bunch of stuff I had on hand that needed to be used up.
- Organic Marinara Sauce, 1-2 jars (If you like spice, try arribata sauce).
- Nuts, 1-2 handfuls, unsalted (Organic and raw, if possible. I used hazelnuts and pecans.)
- Nutritional yeast, 3+TBS (optional)
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Slice and chop veggies. Larger vegetables (squash, sweet potato, eggplant, beets, large carrots, etc.) work well sliced thinly lengthwise. (The thinner (sliced) or smaller (chopped) the veggies, the faster it will cook.
- Blend nuts and spices. Add nuts (the bigger the lasagna, the more you’ll want), nutritional yeast, a heavy dash of garlic powder, and a few shakes of black pepper into a blender or food processor. Pulse until very fine. Taste it. Add more seasonings if ya want.
- Layer sliced veggies, chopped veggies, sauce, and nut mixture in a large (glass if ya have it) pan. Make as many layers as you have veggies. (It will cook down while cooking, but don’t overflow the sides and dirty up your oven.) Use a second pan if you need to. Top with lots of sauce and a layer of the “parmesan”.
- Bake around 350-375F for 40-50 minutes (depending on your oven, pan size, and veggies.) Check it periodically after 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, but let it stay in for another 10.
- Remove from oven and wait until it’s cool enough to eat. (Store extra in fridge for easy lunches.)
- Enjoy and share!